Become a member of our Hospice Team!
High Peaks Hospice has an immediate opening for a full time RN Case Manager in our Northern Office serving Essex and Southern Franklin Counties of New York State. Our outstanding professional team members strive to achieve our mission of providing end of life care that listens with respect, cares with compassion, supports with choice and comforts with understanding wherever you call home. It is our patients’ journey that matters.
In addition to excellent verbal/written communication, the candidate will demonstrate experience in developing and maintaining rapport with patients, families and medical providers and the ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team.
This position includes a benefit package, mileage reimbursement, paid sick and vacation time, and 11 paid holidays.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess and document appropriateness for hospice at initial and ongoing assessment visit
- Consult with Hospice Physician and/or clinical manager
- Provide information on hospice care and programs to referral sources and patients and families
- Complete written admission documentation with patients and families as needed
- Provide direct nursing care to patients in order to maintain the highest level of comfort and quality of life. Assist in directing and coordinating the physical care of the patient including providing medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician, Primary Care Nurse, and Clinical Manager during telephone contacts or home visits.
- Seek and obtain sufficient information necessary to function effectively in the Hospice setting where patient/family/caregiver require care.
- Provide professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of the nursing process.
- Apply appropriate preventative and therapeutic nursing procedures and techniques and maintains communication regarding patient care with the physician and supervisory personnel
- Complete, maintain and submit accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given
- Arrange for equipment and materials needed from community resources. Uses supplies and equipment effectively and efficiently
- Teach the patient/family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate
- Recognize and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients/families/caregivers. Works in conjunction with the other Hospice interdisciplinary team members.
Job Type: Full-time