Become a member of our Hospice Team!
Are you a compassionate, caring individual who wants to make a real difference in people’s lives?
High Peaks Hospice has an immediate opening for a full-time After-Hours RN in our Southern clinical office serving Warren and northern Washington counties of New York. The After Hours Nurse is responsible for triaging issues and visiting terminally ill patients and families as needed. Our After-Hours RNs work after hours Friday 4 p.m. thru the following Friday 8 a.m., one week on, one week off.
- Assisting patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respecting confidentially and privacy and communicating in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Providing direct care to patients as prescribed in the Plan of Care in order to maintain the highest level of comfort and quality of life.
- Instructing the patient and caregiver how to administer medication and recognize side-effects; how to perform personal care and oral hygiene; how to assist in lifting, moving, ambulation and exercise; how to prepare for the events preceding death.
- Documenting accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status via electronic medical record
- Being available, when possible, to meet a patient/family’s need for continuous care in time of crisis.
- Maintaining ongoing effective communication with other hospice personnel involved with patient care
Call volume will vary.
This is a salaried position that includes a generous benefit package and mileage reimbursement.
Valid New York State RN license and valid New York Driver’s License required.
If this describes you, please contact us at 518-891-0606 to speak with someone about this opportunity to make a positive impact on people’s lives.
High Peaks Hospice provides end of life care that listens with respect, cares with compassion, supports with choice and comforts with understanding wherever you call home.