Become a member of our Hospice Team!
Are you a compassionate, caring individual who wants to make a real difference in people’s lives?
High Peaks Hospice has an immediate opening for a Bereavement Coordinator in our Southern Clinical Office of High Peaks Hospice. This 30 hour/week position is primarily focused on responding to the emotional and psychological needs of hospice families, staff, and the community at large as you help guide them through issues of grief and loss. This position includes providing direct counseling services to individuals and groups, providing emotional support to patients, families, and hospice team members, and participating in the development of the patient/ family care plan and children’s bereavement program.
Qualifications for the Bereavement Coordinator include:
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling/related field or 2 years relevant experience may be considered
- Minimum 2 years related experience, preferably in a hospice setting
- Knowledge of family and group treatment, dynamics of terminal illness, grief and bereavement, as well as community resources
- Ability to work as a member of a collaborative team
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
This 30 hour per week position includes a generous benefit package including: paid vacation and sick time, 11 paid holidays, and mileage reimbursement
If this describes you, please contact us at 518-891-0606 to speak with someone about this opportunity to make a positive impact on people’s lives.
High Peaks Hospice provides end of life care that listens with respect, cares with compassion, supports with choice and comforts with understanding wherever you call home.