Become a member of our growing Hospice Team!
High Peaks Hospice has an immediate opening for a full-time After Hours LPN in our Northern office serving Essex, Hamilton, Franklin, and the southeast corner of Saint Lawrence Counties.
The culture of High Peaks Hospice is mission-driven and community oriented. From our board of directors, staff, volunteers, and donors, the High Peaks Hospice community is filled with compassionate and dedicated individuals committed to providing comfort, peace, and dignity to the families we serve, at a time when it’s needed most.
We help individuals achieve a peaceful life closure, aligned with their values, wishes, choice, and needs, while fully supporting their caregivers and loved ones along the way.
As a hospice team member, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), under the direction of the After Hours Supervisor, is responsible for direct nursing care to hospice patients and for educating patients and families in home health care procedures. The After Hours LPN is available for patient support after regular business hours.
The After-Hours team is on call every weeknight from 4 pm – 8 am the next morning, and from 4 pm Friday to 8 am Monday. Your week will start Friday at 4 pm and run until the next Friday at 8 am. Every other week will be an off week.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Make home visits, under the direct supervision of the After Hours Supervisor to assist with the provision of care to meet patient/family needs.
- Observe clinical signs and symptoms and report to the After Hours Supervisor.
- Give personal care to patients as directed by and under the supervision of the RN Case Manager.
- Share assignments and responsibility for continuous care and on-call during evenings, nights, and weekends as directed.
- Participate in the bereavement process as needed and/or appropriate.
- Participate in team conferences as appropriate.
- Complete all paperwork and report in a timely manner.
- Participate in continuous education opportunities to provide for professional growth and license certification.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Computer competency in accessing information in patient electronic records.
Qualifications & Skills
- Valid NYS driver’s license and available automobile for travel throughout the assigned area.
- Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in The State of New York.
- Two years’ experience in nursing is strongly preferred.
- Home Health and/or hospice experience is highly desirable.
- Minimum two years’ experience.
- Must have a current New York State driver’s license.
- Must have 24-hour access to a motor vehicle and maintain personal auto liability insurance coverage.
- Able to cope with emotional stress and be tolerant of individual lifestyles.
- Sensitive to the needs of terminally ill patients and families and one’s own feelings about dying and death.
- Must meet all local health regulations.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Must be capable of performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
High Peaks Hospice provides end-of-life care that listens with respect, cares with compassion, supports with choice, and comforts with understanding – wherever you call home.
Click here for a full printable job description.
Submit your resume and cover letter today to apply.
FAX OR EMAIL:
Attn HR Department
High Peaks Hospice
1247 Dix Ave, Hudson Falls, NY 12839