Become a member of our growing Hospice Team!
High Peaks Hospice is accepting applications for a Hospice Bereavement Coordinator.
The culture of High Peaks Hospice is mission-driven and community-oriented. From our board of directors, staff, volunteers, and donors, the High Peaks Hospice community is filled with compassionate and dedicated individuals committed to providing comfort, peace, and dignity to the families we serve, at a time when it’s needed most.
We help individuals achieve a peaceful life closure, aligned with their values, wishes, choice, and needs, while fully supporting their caregivers and loved ones along the way.
High Peaks Hospice is seeking a highly organized, person-centric, and mission-driven individual to fill the role of Hospice Bereavement Coordinator. The incumbent will provide direct support to clients who are dealing with grief associated with the death of a loved one. The person in this role assesses the potential needs of grieving community members and creates opportunities for remembrance. Familiarity with our geographic service area and effective multitasking skills are preferred. High Peaks Hospice offers opportunities for growth and advancement through ongoing training, community engagement, and networking.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop a deep understanding of High Peaks Hospice’s mission and goals to effectively communicate with members of the community and other healthcare providers.
- Ensure the bereavement team is following agency policies and guidelines.
- Develop and implement bereavement education as needed for HPH staff, including volunteers.
- Provide bereavement education to the professional community as requested.
- Collaborate with management to grow and sustain a robust community bereavement program.
- Facilitate both in-person and virtual bereavement support groups for adults in our northern catchment area.
- Facilitate children’s grief support groups in schools for the entire catchment area as well as individual children’s grief support as appropriate.
- Assess for bereavement needs and provide appropriate grief support to people who have lost a loved one with phone calls, mailings, and referrals to internal and external supports.
- Support grieving community members by hosting Remembrance Gatherings and seasonal events with assistance from HPH staff, including collaborating with the marketing team for invitations and announcements.
- Develop program goals and manage the implementation of program activities to meet those goals.
- Manage and maintain client records following regulatory standards and agency policies.
- Provide support for hospice fundraising and marketing initiatives.
- Actively participate in regular hospice training.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or strong experience in social work or counseling.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Mission-driven event-planning.
- Proficiency with office suite software (Microsoft or Google).
- Ability to quickly learn new software (electronic medical record system and policy system).
- Compassionate, patient, and empathetic nature.
- Outstanding communicator that can calmly work with people facing grief and loss.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for a meaningful career in hospice care, we encourage you to apply.
High Peaks Hospice provides end-of-life care that listens with respect, cares with compassion, supports with choice, and comforts with understanding – wherever you call home.
Click here for a printable job description.
Submit your resume and cover letter today to apply.
FAX OR EMAIL:
Attn HR Department
High Peaks Hospice
1247 Dix Ave, Hudson Falls, NY 12839