Become a member of our growing Hospice Team!
High Peaks Hospice has an immediate opening for a Hospice RN in our Northern Clinical Office serving Essex, Franklin, Hamilton and St. Lawrence Counties.
As a member of the hospice team, the RN visits patients, evaluates conditions, and provides skilled
nursing care for hospice patients. He/she assesses the needs of the patient/family unit and plans, implements,
and evaluates the nursing care in accordance with physician orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care.
Operates under the direction of the Clinical Care Leader for their team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
● Visit patients and evaluate their condition as needed.
● Give support in accordance with the individual patient’s needs.
● Collaborate with caregivers in order to provide the best possible patient care.
● Assist in administering medication.
● Alert physicians about changes in patients’ condition.
● Help patients and their families with administration and paperwork.
● Communicate all pertinent information and evaluations through clear and concise documentation.
● Educate patients’ relatives on coping techniques and provide comfort and support
● Collaborate with the Interdisciplinary Team when developing the patient’s plan of care.
● Document by midnight of the visit.
● Work with other team members to ensure patients are always cared for properly.
Qualifications & Skills
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of New York.
Home health and/or hospice experience is highly desirable.
Minimum two years’ experience desired.
Must have a current New York State driver’s license.
Must have 24-hour access to a motor vehicle and maintain personal auto liability insurance coverage.
Able to cope with emotional stress and be tolerant of individual lifestyles.
Sensitive to the needs of terminally ill patients and families and one’s own feelings about dying and death.
Must meet all local health regulations.
Basic computer skills are desirable.
Must be capable of performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
In-depth knowledge of nursing care operations and administering medication.
Familiarity with safety regulations.
Keen observation skills.
High ethical standards.
Compassionate nature and excellent communication skills
High Peaks Hospice provides end-of-life care that listens with respect, cares with compassion, supports with choice, and comforts with understanding – wherever you call home.
Click here for the full printable job description
Submit an application (Click here to download) along with your resume and cover letter today to apply.
FAX OR EMAIL:
High Peaks Hospice – Attn HR Dept
454 Glen street
Glens Falls, NY 12801
Please call Bronwen Compo, HR Specialist with any questions at 518-891-0606.