Become a member of our Hospice Team!
Are you a compassionate, caring individual who wants to make a real difference in people’s lives?
High Peaks Hospice has an immediate opening for a full-time LPN in our Southern Clinical office located in Glens Falls, NY. As a member of the hospice team, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), under the direction of an RN Case Manager, is responsible for direct nursing care to Hospice patients and for educating patients and families in home health care procedures.
- Making home visits, under the direct supervision of an RN Case Manager, to assist with the provision of care to meet patient/family needs.
Giving personal care to patients as directed by and under the supervision of the RN Case Manager.
- Observing clinical signs and symptoms and report to the RN Case Manager.
- Completing all paperwork and reporting in a timely manner.
Participating in continuous education opportunities to provide for professional growth and license certification.
- Any secondary duties as assigned.
- Valid NYS driver’s license and available automobile for travel throughout the assigned catchment area.
- Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State.
- Five years’ experience in nursing is strongly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time