Become a member of our Hospice Team!
Are you a compassionate, caring individual who wants to make a real difference in people’s lives?
High Peaks Hospice has an immediate opening for a Master of Social Work in the Southern office of High Peaks Hospice located in Glens Falls NY. Working as part of an interdisciplinary team, the ideal candidate will serve people with terminal illnesses including the grief and loss experienced by families. You will also assist families with insurance and funding issues and making final arrangements.
- Masters’ of Social Work degree from an accredited college or university.
- Hospice experience and/or equivalent education is preferred.
- Excellent counseling, advocacy and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of family and group treatment, community resources and the dynamics of terminal illness, grief, and bereavement.
- High levels of interpersonal skill, knowledge regarding family dynamics, issues of death and dying.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team relationship.
- Working knowledge of North Country community networks of health and human services organizations
- Must have a current New York State driver’s license.
- Must have 24-hour access to a motor vehicle and maintain personal auto liability insurance coverage.
- Able to cope with emotional stress and be tolerant of individual lifestyles.
- Sensitive to the needs of terminally ill patients and families and one’s own feelings about dying and death.
- Must meet all local health regulations.
- Basic computer skills desirable.
This is a full-time position that includes great benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, mileage reimbursement, paid vacation, paid sick days, and 11 paid holidays.
If this describes you, please contact us at 518-891-0606 to speak with someone about this opportunity to make a positive impact on people’s lives.