Informational Sessions about becoming a hospice volunteer are going on throughout the month of November!
In conjunction with Hospice & Palliative Care Awareness Month, High Peaks Hospice is offering informative talks about becoming a Hospice Volunteer. High Peaks Hospice serves families in all of Warren and Essex Counties plus parts of Franklin, Hamilton and St. Lawrence Counties. Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the region.
“ Volunteers comfort with their presence. One does not need to know all the right words to say, but the ability to just be present.” – Gina Davis
Our Volunteer Coordinators, Maureen Losch and Tracee Carson, will explain the training volunteers receive and the opportunities that hospice volunteers have to provide support to both families and to the organization.
- High Peaks Hospice Glens Falls Office located at 454 Glen Street, Glens Falls, NY – Thursday, November 11th 2-4 pm or Thursday, November 18th 9-11 am
- Crandall Public Library – Glens Falls – Tuesday, November 23rd 10-12 pm
- Granville Library – Tuesday, November 9th 11-1 pm
- SUNY Adirondack Student Center – Tuesday, November 16th 11-1 pm
- High Peaks Hospice Mineville Office located at 12 Tom Phelps Rd, Mineville, NY – Monday, November 15th or Tuesday, November 16th 8am-4pm
- High Peaks Hospice Saranac Lake Office located at 309 Co Rd 47 Suite 3, Saranac Lake, NY – Thursday, November 18th from 12pm-2pm or Friday, November 19th 10am-2pm.
- Black Watch Library in Ticonderoga on Wednesday, November 10th from 10:00am-1:00pm
If you are unable to attend these dates, please call 518-891-0606 for alternative options.
High Peaks Hospice provides end of life care that listens with respect, cares with compassion, supports with choice, and comforts with understanding – wherever you call home.
All Hospice training and this talk are provided free of charge.
Click here to view our hospice volunteer brochure.
“Our volunteers frequently share that they get as much out of volunteering, if not more, than the patients they serve.” – Tracee Carson, High Peaks Hospice Volunteer Coordinator